March 15, 2016
Spring is here and the season for new beginnings. This is a good time to re-think "spring cleaning" and choose snacks that can cleanse our bodies from the inside out.
These five snacks are guaranteed to feed your mind, detoxify your body, and satisfy your palate!
1. Guacamole - High in fiber and “fat” but don’t worry, it’s good fat! Spread it on toast or eat it with veggies. This fruit is not only delicious but contains a ton of antioxidants and glutathione, a nutrient that can block up to 30 carcinogens and detoxify your liver.
2. Kale chips - Kale is king. It’s loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals and boosts metabolism while providing cancer fighting compounds. Baked Kale chips satisfy the “crunch” we all crave and taste delicious.
3. Raw almonds - Almonds are the perfect grab–and-go snack. Almonds are rich in vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, which helps break down glucose into energy.
4. Greek yogurt - Greek yogurt has fewer carbohydrates and sugar while boasting more protein than other yogurt. It’s a great source of vitamin B12 and potassium, which helps to decrease blood pressure and muscle cramps while increasing energy. Try plain yogurt and add your own fruit or a drizzle of honey.
5. Dark chocolate - Sometimes chocolate is the only thing that will satisfy your craving, so you might as well give in. Dark chocolate is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet, plus it has half the sugar and four times the fiber of milk chocolate. Choose 70 percent cocoa content or higher for optimal antioxidant benefits.
Whichever of these snacks you choose, planning ahead is the key to success. Make time to pack your snacks in portion-controlled containers and bring them with you so that when hunger strikes, you aren’t left having a face-off with the vending machine.
BOSS is the answer to your back office headaches. Our cloud-based solution enables you to hand complex accounting tasks over to us. We work the numbers while providing you 24/7 access to your data—and all at a fixed, affordable monthly fee.
We understand that the countless number of tasks associated with running a successful practice leaves you with little time to deal with your numerous accounting and tax responsibilities. That is where ...read more
With proactive tax strategies and industry-specific expertise, we have a proven track record of helping property management firms succeed from...read more
If you contract your services as a salesperson, freelance writer, graphic designer, real estate professional, or other profession contact us to learn about the comprehensive, affordable...read more
Morgan & Associates has extensive experience in nonprofit accounting, currently providing audit and tax return services to a growing number of...read more
As public opinion over marijuana use has shifted over the past 4 decades, so has law surrounding it. Two-thirds of Americans say the use of marijuana should be legal, reflecting a steady increase over the past decade, according to a new Pew Research Center survey.
Hosting a holiday party for your staff is one of the best ways to show them you care—while also creating some meaningful, team-driven memories. Follow our tips below for hosting a memorable soiree that doesn’t push your stress or your budget past your limit.
Company basis is an owner’s investment in a particular business.
It’s probably one of the most difficult accounting points business owners must understand and track throughout the year. Basis must be tracked accurately for annual tax reporting.